Don't Look Up

Don't Look Up ★★★★

Don't Look Up is not without flaws, but throughout the film, I was laughing, gagging, and having a good time with everything that was going on.

Don't Look Up is unsettling because of how close to reality it is. It depicts everything we've been through in the last few years, so watching the movie is pretty harrowing. The film presents realities and it's ideas in some pretty interesting and entertaining ways, despite appearing a little schizophrenic at times. Everyone will have different thoughts while watching and finishing the film, but it did make me wonder what I would do if I were in the same situation as all of the characters in the film. So, while it was fascinating to see human stupidity rubbed in the face in a jocular way, the film did strike and fill me with a lot of emotions. As for the film's flaws, there were times in the film when McKay tries too hard to showcase something there are parts of the story that feel kind of dull.

Majority of the cast does an excellent job. Cate Blanchett has several key scenes in the film, and there was a lot of "The Aviator" reunion going on, I'm here for it. Leonardo DiCaprio is a mixed bag for me, but on the whole, I'd say he did well. Meryl Streep understood how to do this and succeeded in the film's humour. But it was Jlaw who truly rocked my world. She's able to cover a wide range of qualities, emotions, and perfect timing, making her perfect for the lead role, and I loved her chemistry with Timmy.

Grade: B+