Crime Scene: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel

Crime Scene: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel ★★★★

I rarely binge watch shows. Usually I take a few days to go through one or two episodes and digest everything, especially very plotty series and docs as this one – however, just like the Cecil Hotels calls many broken individuals to commit heinous crimes, a documentary about this one and one of the most mysterious and heart wrenching cases, begs for you to eat everything up in one sitting.

The docseries, made by the same team behind the Ted Bundy Tapes, its like I said, an engrossing and devastating look into a tragic case that still haunts many individuals today and serve as a great source for true crime fans. Elisa Lam’s case is surrounded by a series of coincidences and opened for so many theories the documentary doesn’t shy away to explore, from a murder case to potential ghosts. Through its four episodes runtime, the doc does a good job balancing all the theories with the actual investigation. Personally, out of all the coincidences, I still can’t believe the fact Dark Water was shot and released years prior to this event, an event that’s very reminiscent of that movie.

All in all, again, if you are a big fan of the infamous Cecil Hotel and its history or would like to know more about the Lam’s case, this is certainly a MUST WATCH.

TODAY SCHEDULE