This is a Robbery: The World's Biggest Art Heist

This is a Robbery: The World's Biggest Art Heist ★★★

Another week, another good doc series on Netflix - this time it's about the unsolved mystery surrounding the world's biggest art heist which happened in the early 1990s around St. Patrick Day when a gang of thieves impersonating police officers took some valuable fine art. Through four episodes we get to know more about the case and some of the suspects, which leaves us into some history on the organized crime underworld.

This documentary is somewhat captivating in its plot and twists, even with a few lines and ideas thrown in that make you think. Like how many high-profile criminals negotiated with robbed art pieces to get themselves out of jail, which left me thinking: “Alright, you have these historical and important paintings. Would you do anything with them? You cannot hang them in your living room and have it go unnoticed.”

All in all, it’s a solidly-made documentary, but something about its execution didn’t completely click with me and I lost interest halfway through. Even so, I still recommend giving it a shot if you enjoy true crime documentaries.

TODAY SCHEDULE