Avengers: Endgame

Avengers: Endgame

I think it's a real shame that this can't just be the end of this franchise. Despite some minor issues I had with it, I really can't imagine another movie that could wrap up this entire universe in a more coherent and emotionally satisfying way. It really sticks the landing and pays off loyalty to the series in a way that none of the previous Marvel movies really have. It's also the rare 3 hour movie that still moves fast and genuinely fills those 3 hours with enough plot to justify them. It's hard not to feel like it isn't a grand achievement that they were able to pull this off, and a lot of the doubts I had about the MCU before are pretty much gone. This really does pay off 21 movies worth of build up, and is proof that this whole shared universe experiment (which it really was when it started) has been a success. Regardless of the fact that Marvel is continuing though, this is undeniably the end of an era for the franchise and a fitting conclusion to this story they have been telling for 11 years.

Nick liked these reviews