Terminator 2: Judgment Day

Terminator 2: Judgment Day ★★★★★

100

"I know now why you cry."

Much bigger in scope compared to the 1984 original, James Cameron essentially expands upon The Terminator in which he changes it up in every way possible and yet still feels like a worthy successor to the original. While The Terminator had to earn my ever growing appreciation, this grabbed me instantly as a kid and it's still every bit as exhilarating as ever. Every set piece literally makes my jaw drop on every watch, without little to no fail. It's still one of the finest action pictures to ever come out, and will likely stand the test of time.

Additionally, Linda Hamilton's performance is heartbreaking here. If it were up to me, I'd shower her with awards for she was able to strike an excellent balance between badassery and vulnerability. Hamilton showed great acting chops in the original, but her character was expanded in every way and Hamilton took full advantage. She is honestly magnificent here.

You know a movie is truly special when you've practically memorized every line, every beat, and yet when it ends, it's like you've seen it for the first time. James Cameron made every set up as sweet as the pay off. It's just some next level storytelling and filmmaking.

Caleb liked this review