Call Me by Your Name

Call Me by Your Name ★★★★★

It's funny that I kind of randomly ended up watching this tonight. Since I first saw it the last day of January. It changed my life. Re-oriented and focused the entire year.

For years I've had a story that I envisioned being a TV series - part of a trilogy. But it also kind of felt different than the others I was tying it to. I realized it was a movie instead.

So, in the Spring some time I decided that this November I'd do a NaNoWriMo, except a screenplay. I watched movies (over 200), studied screenplays and screenwriting. And practiced. All that stuff. I also totally lived in the story I'm telling. Lived in the music. Played some tracks hundreds of times as the story emerged.

So it's November 1st. I had to wait all evening after work for access to a computer. So I watched this on my phone. It was the first time I'd seen it in almost 3 months. I'd seen 60 movies in between.

Anyway, by the end of the month I'm going to have the first draft of a screenplay. Inspired by - or as a result of - this magic spell of a movie.

p.s. Is anyone making plans to watch it on December 6th (the date of the last scene)? Haha....I totally am.

muskox liked these reviews