What We Do in the Shadows ★★★★

"You will not eat Stu, and you will not eat the camera guy,...maybe one camera guy."
- Vladislav (Jermaine Clement)

A must-see for any fan of vampire films - whether it's Nosferatu, Browning's Dracula, Coppola's Dracula...even fans of The Lost Boys and the Blade films will get a kick out of this. It's a mockumentary that follows around a group of vampires and shows their everyday life (or, rather, everynight "life"). You see their relation with non-vampires (both humans and non-humans), their love life, their past and their relationship with other vampires. It plays around with a lot of cliches found in vampire films while also paying tribute to them. A film like this has the risk of its joke becoming old pretty fast, but luckily the film keeps introducing new elements in the story to keep it fresh and engaging. Ofcourse, some scenes are much funnier than others and sometimes the film loses its mockumentary sensibilities, but overall, this is probably one of the funniest films I've seen all year. I won't say any more because I don't want to spoil anything, but if you laughed at the trailer, then you should have a good time.

MysticSpoonAttack 🥄💫 liked these reviews