Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse ★★★★½

Visually, this movie is ground-breaking, breath-taking and mind-blowing. It deserves all the awards in the world for the way it looks and feels alone. But it's awesomeness doesn't end in the visuals...

It's full of fantastic references that work on various levels and meta-levels (even Donald Glover is listed in the cast of this movie... as Troy Barnes, his character from "Community"!).

It's also a touching story about a boy and his dad, his family, his school at the age of adolescence. This is handled really well and made me root for everyone in the Morales family.

It's also tons of fun. Just tons. I was grinning from the very first to the very last moment.

Basically, just as WB/DC is unable to successfully rip-off anything Marvel does (making such monsters like "Suicide Squad" or "Justice League"), Sony/Marvel succeeds in the opposite, taking lead from "Lego Batman Movie" as the The Ultimate Fun Batman Flick to End All Batmans and making the same for Spiderman. Because that's what this is, and it's just beyond awesome. I can't wait to go see it and enjoy it as much again.

You can read this and other reviews and articles on my personal blog.