Bo Burnham: Inside

Bo Burnham: Inside ★★★★★

Well, well
Look who's inside again
Went out to look for a reason to hide again
Well, well
Buddy, you found it
Now, come out with your hands up
We've got you surrounded

someone help me I have had every last song of this beautiful dumbass special stuck in my head for a week. on the one hand I’m definitely in a more vulnerable place than usual right now after submitting my thesis to finish my studies so this is the perfectly unhinged I-don’t-know-what-the-fuck-I’m-doing-with-my-life-and-the-world-is-on-fucking-fire type content I will cling onto, but on the other hand it obviously also strikes a chord with all of us being stuck in the same goddamn rut of the pandemic for over a year now and the insanity that has just kept going through and with it. Inside carries the exhaustion of this cycle in its every fibre. thanks for seeing it all Bo, and for gathering it in a creative little compendium of introspective, manic anecdotes <3 he makes the Too Much reality of things feel a bit more bearable and I got so much honest whiplash I felt quite sick at the end. and it was good. also insane, and impossible for me to let go of in the foreseeable future with no end in sight for any of it.

nad 🔪 liked these reviews