Rambo

Rambo ★★★★½

Directed and co-written by Sylvester Stallone  himself. This isn’t the first time he has directed and written and starred in his own movie(Rocky 2-5 as an example).

This time (among others) John Rambo suffers from PTSD and is pissed.
He’ll leave seclusion and a “peaceful life” If you tell him something he can believe in, he will relent and give in. Even if you have to ask him over, and over, and over, and over again.

IMDb synopsis
In Thailand, John Rambo joins a group of mercenaries to venture into war-torn Burma, and rescue a group of Christian aid workers who were kidnapped by the ruthless local infantry unit.

Just like the tag line  says:
Heroes never die....They just reload. You know what you are getting. . . . but maybe not. This has to be the most brutal and bloodiest Rambo film with the possible exception of his newest 2019 Rambo: Last Blood. With the local corrupt Burmese military slaughtering innocent villagers, nothing is held back. Children are shot, bayoneted and tossed into fires, not to mention brief scenes showing women getting raped and others getting limbs hacked off by machetes and gunned down ruthlessly.
Of course, this is all a setup for bad men to get what’s coming by Rambos hand( and a few throwaway hired mercenaries to help free the aid workers).

There are several great bloody moments where we are witness to what Rambo is capable of(as if we needed proof, but we all want it). One memorable one where Rambo rips the throat out of one Burmese soldier with his bare hands and several others where we see what a .50 caliber bullet does to the human body. The action (that this film is full of) is why you come to watch. The feeling of Rambos unrelenting rage and glorious vengeance is what you leave with.
And if there is anything you learn, is not call Rambo “boatman”. . . and basically, just don’t piss him off. 🏹🔪

Nathan liked these reviews