I put this on randomly, but damn, Adam Green really impresses with this great modern slasher before Halloween 2018 or Freaky or the Fear Street trilogy. It’s not as good as the movies I mentioned but I believe he killed it with his one. Brian Quinn’s death is an all-timer. Also, anyone who casts Dave Sheridan in anything deserves all the awards!
This review may contain spoilers. I can handle the truth.
I know, I know it's my fifth viewing... but I truly, truly adore this movie.
Stuff I absolutely love:
-The unprofessionalism of the podcasters in the first act
- New Loomis and his schlocky side plot
- The opening credits (holyfuckingcrapIgotchills)
- THE SOUNDTRACK
- The Strode women being total badasses
- Laurie being a total 100% badass but also being scared as fuck
- Virginia Gardener being the most teen of all of the teens (Her portrayal of Vicky…
“Well I’ll tell you what I know, that’s the dumbest fucking bet I ever heard of.”
“I disagree. I disagree, Gary.”
Uncut Gems. I have been waiting for this one for so damn long. Ever since I watched Good Time two years ago, I couldn’t wait to see the Safdie brother’s next movie. Then, Adam Sandler got cast. I got so pumped. Without knowing the plot, I knew it was gonna be something else. And then, the trailer dropped. Holy…