Suicide Squad

Suicide Squad

If you haven't heard already Warner Brothers has announced the cast for the upcoming Suicide Squad film, here's the cast list along with my reactions.

Jared Leto - The Joker:

This has been rumored and I have to say I was against the idea. While Leto is an extremely talented actor, he won't be able to pull off what Heath Ledger did in "The Dark Knight". I'm still against this idea and I feel kind of offended that WB is doing this, with Ledger having passed away only several years ago.

Will Smith - Deadshot

I'm hearing some complaints about this casting, but to be honest I really like it. Smith is a fine actor and I'd love to see him take on a villainous role like this (though I think they're going an anti-hero approach for this movie) Still, I look forward to see what Smith will do with this role.

Tom Hardy - Rick Flag

I don't know too much about this character (as much as a comic book nerd I am). But I do have to say Tom Hardy is extremely talented and he looks the part. Though I kind of wonder why DC decided to put him in the DCCU after he was Bane in "The Dark Knight Rises".

Margot Robbie - Harley Quinn

We all knew this was coming, it has been floating around the internet ever since this movie was announced. I absolutely LOVE this casting. I've seen some of her scenes in The Wolf of Wall Street and she was terrific, so I can't wait to see her in this.

Jai Courtney - Boomerang

I'm going to guess this is Captain Boomerang. I don't really like Courtney as an actor, his movies so far haven't been that good (who knows, he could turn out great in Unbroken). Captain Boomerang IMO is one of the dorkiest villains out there. So unless they do some major upgrades to this character, I don't think he'll turn out that great.

Cara Delevingne – Enchantress
I know nothing about this actress and very few things about this character, so I'm not going to judge.

Nate liked these reviews