Tenet

Tenet ★★★★½

Tenet is big, bold, ambitious, mind-boggling, and probably Christopher Nolan's most complex movie to date. The action sequences are fantastic and are exhilarating to watch and the last act of the movie is some of the best work Nolan has ever done as a filmmaker. John David Washington continues to prove that he's going to be the next big thing in Hollywood, he has so much charisma and swagger and he really brings the Protagonist to life in a way not many other actors would be able to pull off. Robert Pattinson is terrific as well and steals a lot of the scenes he's in with his role, same goes for Elizabeth Debicki who really impressed me here. Kenneth Branagh is kind of doing the same thing as he did in that Jack Ryan movie he did a few years back, but honestly he does so well in the role that I really can't complain, I love seeing him in these kinds of villainous roles. Ludwig Göransson's score is easily his best work to date and I could definitely see him landing another gold statue when the time eventually comes. All of the technical elements are pretty great here too, this is a Nolan movie after all, from the special effects to the cinematography from the production design and the costume design. I've been hearing a lot of people complaining about the sound, but I honestly didn't have a problem with it at all. I will say so much happens in the first act of the movie that it doesn't really give you anytime to breathe, the editing style was also definitely a unique choice that I'm not quite sure how I feel about it. With all that being said, I really was a big fan of Tenet, I'm not sure where'd it rank with Nolan's other films, but this is definitely a great time at the theater.

Nate liked these reviews