Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse ★★★★★

Into the spider-verse is amazing, stunning, emotional, funny, gorgeous ...
In short, it's the best Spider-man film ever made.

As expected, from seeing the trailers, this film is visually stunning. The comic book style animation is refreshing and pushes what you can do with computer animation.
But this would be nothing without a good story. Into the spider-verse is centered around Miles Morales, it's trough him we experience this crazy world filled with Spider-people. We get to see all this crazy incarnations of our beloved webslinger, but the biggest emotional arc is obviously for Miles. And it's perfect, a typical heroes journey but executed very well.
Also he's a very likeable character and we've been waiting years to see him in action on the big screen.
This film doesn't hold back it's emotional punches and it had me teary eyed a couple of times. It's just that good. But also Peter Parker has some emotional obstacles, as does Miles his father and even Kingpin.
Chris Lord took all these characters and somehow made a well paced film, were at the end everything gets wrapped up very neatly. This is some amazing screenwriting.

I really can't say more. It's a must see on the big screen. It's the best that spider-man has ever been. The film is for the fans, but also for newcomers.

Also that after-credit scene may be one of the best I've ever seen!

Nathan liked these reviews