Das Boot ★★★★★

One of the most gut-wrenching and claustrophobic experiences you will ever encounter! Everything about it was so real, so genuine, so authentic! With each sonar ping I felt terror grip my heart like a vise squeezing it tighter and tighter! The psychological tension was so overwhelming at times it was almost unbearable!

I've seen quite a few submarine films in my day and Das Boot is quite frankly the best of the best!

Its realistic portrayal of the men made you care for them warts and all! The story isn't so much about the war or taking sides. It was about men being pushed beyond their limits and never giving up even when things looked completely hopeless! It's about the will to survive, that when push comes to shove man is capable of anything! That amazing will to survive overrides absolutely everything!

The actors in the film were extraordinary! They kept me emotionally engaged and riveted to my seat for 3 hours and 28 minutes! And I still couldn't get enough of the captivating thriller that had me white-knuckling it throughout the film!

Naughty liked these reviews