Land of Mine ★★★★

Rated R - 1 Hour 40 Minutes
Drama - Foreign - War
Director: Martin Zandvliet
Starring: Roland Møller, Louis Hofmann, Joel Basman

Summary: A shocking story about Young German POWs forced to disarm landmines in Denmark!
............................................................................

A chilling account of the attrocities committed during the aftermath of war! Profound in its revelations of a species so vile, so despicable in regards to the actions committed against each other, one wonders if there is any hope for redemption! An absolute soul crushing cinematic experience I still can't seem to shake off!

War is the result of morally and ethically bankrupt old men whom lust for power and wallow in their greed! Their sick warmongering legacy is built on the graves of young men using their bones and blood as mortar! The film captured the horrors of war and those it leaves in its wake in the aftermath! There truly are no victors when it comes to war for we all lose another piece of our humanity for every life that is lost!

Brilliantly captured and portrayed innocence in its purest form which over time ultimately gave way to innocence lost after being ravaged time and time again by barbarism, hopelessness, maiming and even death!

Naughty liked these reviews