Leon: The Professional ★★★★★

My favorite film by Luc Besson!

Character driven film that delivers a disturbing coming of age story combined with the stylish action and thrills we've come to expect from a Luc Besson film!

Leon (Jean Reno) the reclusive immigrant, with an innocent childlike nature when he is not on the job as a professional cleaner! He's a loner, leads a simple life, always on the move, deals more in death than life!

Jean Reno's performance was so genuine, so subtle, so well done that we could buy into the premise of the film without batting an eye!

Mathilda (Natalie Portman) an abused and neglected streetwise 12 year old girl whom loses everything and has no where to turn and finds herself in the company of a cold blooded cleaner!

Natalie Portman... First lets make this clear I am NOT a fan of Natalie Portman! But after seeing her astounding performance in this film I had gained a whole new respect for her! I have NEVER seen a child actor address a role with such extraordinary confidence and maturity before now! I was overwhelming impressed with this precocious child star, especially with how well she held her own with co-stars Jean Reno and Gary Oldman!

Stansfield (Gary Oldman) is a total animal! A loose cannon, an over the top, hopped up freak with explosive manic episodes of self grandeur and evil incarnate!

Gary Oldman.. Nobody! And I mean Nobody! Can do an evil villain like Gary Oldman! The mad contortions, the flamboyant grand performances throughout the film thrilled me to no end!

Come for the Action! Fall in love with it's memorable characters!

Naughty liked these reviews