Mauvais Sang ★★★

....................................................................................................................................
Film #2 of the March Madness 80s Sci-Fi Movie Challenge!
letterboxd.com/naughty/list/march-madness-80s-sci-fi-movie-challenge/

This made it to my 80s Sci-Fi list because I was looking for some foreign films to make this a more diverse and satisfying experience! Having seen the film I can safely say that this is everything and anything but a Sci-Fi film!

While there were occassional extremely brief notations about Haley's Comet passing and about a an STD with a high mortality rate that you can contract through lovemaking that is not protected by love I can't fathom how anyone could have the audacity to include this film in the genre of Sci-Fi!

It is more of an neo-noir, romance flick! Everyone is raving about the film starring both Juliette Binoche and Julie Delpy but they're just window dressing! The real shooting star of the film is Denis Lavant! I could not for the life of me take my eyes off of him! Between his apple trick and the street dance to a Bowie tune I became an instant groupie! He is uber quirky and is perhaps one of the most non verbally expressive actors I've ever laid eyes upon!

Forget the storyline.. this is more of a platform for feelings and emotions! While it moves at what feels like a glacial pace and nothing really happens for the majority of the film I was never bored or unsatisfied with it other that being disappointed that it wasn't the Sci-Fi film I thought it was!

Naughty liked these reviews