Resident Evil: The Final Chapter

Rated R - 1 Hour 47 Minutes
Action - Horror - Sci-fi - Thriller - Adventure - Fantasy
Director: Paul W.S. Anderson
Starring: Milla Jovovich, Iain Glen, Ali Larter, Shawn Roberts

I viewed this quite awhile ago and I had put off writing a review so I could sort out what can best be described as utter disappointment! Unlike the other films I have recently reviewed and searched my soul in my review for I had identified myself as the culprit for sabotaging my viewing experience! This time I think I can safely let myself off the
hook as I haven't been having those nagging thoughts haunting me and pressing me to delve deeper for answers.

The truth is the film wasn't what was advertised per the glimpse of the final chapter shown at the end of Resident Evil: Retribution and dang nabbit they got lazy and simply rehashed the same ole same ole! There I said it! Was it as good for you as it was for me --> (lights a cigarette and inhales deeply, then exhales with a satisfied sigh)

The Final Chapter skipped over the whole glorious over-the-freaking-top, balls to the walls humans last stand at the White House in Washington, DC! Heck we didn't even get to see Wesker's betrayal of Alice! The one thing that had me salivating like Pavlov's dog wasn't even in the blasted film! Seriously WTF!!!

Say for a moment I could put that lil bait and switch aside for a moment. While tame in that it took no risks and didn't really try to go out with a big bang.. it did offer its fans some appropriate closure! I think we can all appreciate that! It offered many moments of the action and characters we've come to know, hate and yes even love.

The thing I couldn't kick during my viewing experience was the mood and tone of the film seemed to reflect a kind of mournful acknowlegement that this was good-bye! sayonara! the end!

Or perhaps that is just some willful projection on my part.

Thanks for the memories!

P.S. And F you for not giving me the epic last stand of mankind in DC! ;-)

Naughty liked these reviews