Train to Busan

Train to Busan ★★★★★

Tonight I watched two hardcore adrenaline pumping films back to back. Needless to say I probably shaved a few years off of my life with the prolonged accelerated heart rate! This isn't my first rodeo when it comes to this film. This would be an encore visit and like a fine wine it just got better! Director Yeon Sang-ho floored the gas pedal and never let up! Leaving me exhausted, totally spent crumpled in my chair!

Surprisingly enough it never lost its knack for sending me into a tizzy from all of the pulse pounding thrills unfolding on the screen! I'm still very much under the influence, butterflies in my stomach and I'm exhibiting anxiety levels that are off the charts! I predict sleep won't be in the picture any time soon ;-)

The zombies in this South Korean flick are truly unique they turn fast, they run and leap even faster! When they rise from the ground their bodies appear contorted, and you hear their bones crack making them all the more creepy and a real standout from the zombies I've come to know and love over the years!

The South Korean Cinema has been wowing us with their Revenge, Action Thrillers over the years it appears they've conquered the Horror genre as well! They really understand what the audience wants and more times than not they over deliver! They can take the most benign of activities, locales, or scenes and turn it into the stuff of nightmares that leaves you quaking in your boots!

The film has numerous terrifying iconic scenes that you won't soon forget.. try as you might it's just not possible! Think you've seen it all before think again this film offers a refreshing new glimpse at a genre you were convinced was growing tired and worn out! Cinema like this one are the shot in the arm that will rejuvenate the whole zombie genre!

Naughty liked these reviews