The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2

It's campy, it's crazy, it's funny and on top of all that it's a good lookin' movie.

I'm slightly ashamed that it took me this long to see this sequel. I loved the original as a teenager and I guess I just always assumed the sequel would be unnecessary and disappointing.

I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong and I was really fucking wrong about this one.

This time around you have Dennis Hopper chasing those backwoods cannibals across Texas and Caroline Williams as the radio DJ who gets caught up in the middle.

Then there's Bill Mosely as Chop Top, Leatherface's batshit insane hippy brother with a metal plate on his scalp and an appetite for his own skin flakes. He's one of the most memorable horror movie characters I've ever seen and up there with Ida from Motel Hell as one of my favorites. He's hilarious and sinister wrapped up into one gloriously disgusting package.

As far as the story goes it's alright and Caroline Williams borders on annoying but in the end none of that matters. The characters are really fun to watch, there is some cool gore and the whole movie looks fantastic, especially the Sawyer family hideout.

I already want to watch this again.

James liked these reviews