Burn After Reading ★★★½

I had absolutely no idea what to expect with this movie, I saw Brad Pitt’s face so I watched it! And to be honest it’s a pretty solid film!

There are loads of big name actors here that do phenomenal jobs! George Clooney, JK Simmons, Tilda Swinton and Brad Pitt all give great performances that’ll probably stick in my head! But my favourite performance was Frances McDormand! I truly feel that this was her movie! She was so alive and full of character and she was just my favourite! All of them pretty much play bad people and they do it flawlessly! The directing I also thought was very good, bringing out the ambitions and flaws of each character! I I’ll say that I thought the ending was really sudden and quite unsatisfying! I wanted to see what happened to each of the characters but unfortunately we didn’t! I also thought that it could be a little messily edited sometimes but it got better as it went along!

Overall, Burn After Reading succeeds greatly at blending genres together to create a film like no other! It has great performances across the board, great directing and an intriguing story!

newtpotter liked these reviews