Us

Us β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

This movie is a fun accessible experience that I enjoyed so much that I felt an urge to share it with many people so I will likely rewatch this with my family or friends. I was fully expecting to rate this 5/5 and to say β€œI guess you could say.... I got 5 on it πŸ˜Žβ€ so that is kind of disappointing. A film of many successes and many missed opportunities. So many times I was expecting a joke or kill or fight scenario that would have been so incredibly crowd pleasing and cool and I was so excited to see it go down and then.... it didn’t. This reminds me of The Gallows (2015) because they are both horror movies that use original and interesting settings very minimally. In The Gallows, it is a school. In Us, it is a subway, a beach, a mirror maze, a boardwalk. All of these places are gone through very quickly and usually just serve as background rather than environments that the characters interact with... something kind of disappointing. There is a big twist at the end that felt cheap to me but I know that normy audiences will think it is crazy and discuss it amongst their colleagues and write essays about it and stuff. The movie ends almost immediately after this twist is revealed so we don’t see any reaction or effect to it. It feels exactly like the closing shot of the Michael Jackson Thriller music video which makes sense considering..... the character this twist involves is wearing a Michael Jackson Thriller shirt. I focused on all the negatives but this is really good. I wrote this review 1/2 asleep so I am not responsible for any of it.

Nic liked these reviews