Super Dark Times ★★★½

This movie is a fun watch. The performances were pretty good for the most part and the writing wasn’t horrendous for a “uh oh something happens, but we can’t tell the cops story” the characters were fun to follow and weren’t really stupid most of the time. I enjoyed the beginning of the move a lot more than the end because it radiates this 90s charm with the kids and Kevin Phillips did do a great job directing the actors. Although, I thought the writing kind of went off the wall for the second half. (SPOILERS) I really enjoyed watching the character interactions in the beginning and the scene where Daryl is accidentally killed had me on the edge of my seat. The scenes in the end of the movie had be on the edge of my seat because of the suspense, but even while watching it I couldn’t stop thinking how the character they developed for Josh in the beginning would most likely not kill the blue haired kid and try to kill the two girls. It just felt like it didn’t make sense for the character. I’m not sure if they were trying to go for the descending into madness character, but if that was the case I think it would’ve been interesting to have Josh and Zach interact more for the second half of the movie, watching Josh’s morality slowly die leading him to commit the other crimes. The film’s cinematography was cool at parts and was not as good as others. While score didn’t really do anything for me, I thought the editing during the beginning up until Daryl’s death on the sword was pretty cool. The ending seemed to try to go for a symbolic ending, but it felt sort of out of place. This film is an entertaining watch, but just try not to think about it too much.