Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl ★★★★

Pirates of the Caribbean: the Curse of the Black Pearl is movie #46 on a randomized list of "every Disney movie" that I'm working my way through. Well, almost random. When Dead Man's Chest came up, I decided to just watch all the Pirates movies in order, something I'd never done before. In fact, the Curse of the Black Pearl is the only Pirates film I've previously seen.

This movie was always a favorite for me. I just happened to be deeply in love with Orlando Bloom when it came out, and this didn't exactly quench my tween crush. It wasn't until years later that I realized that the real heartthrobs of this movie are (a) Keira Knightley as Elizabeth Swann and (b) Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow.

Even though I've seen it too many times to count, this movie is an absolute winner for me. It's exciting, adventurous, funny, and the soundtrack is amazing. I've been told that it's the best of the Pirates franchise, so it'll be interesting to compare it to all the sequels, which I plan to do right away. Hopefully I'm not too disappointed!

Block or Report