Tenet

Tenet ★★★

While I thought the movie was overall pretty good, I can’t help but feel a little disappointed. There are definitely moments that are incredibly memorable and entertaining but there are just certain aspects of the movie that just didn’t work for me. I’m not gonna spoil the movie but just some things didn’t work for me. John David Washington is great and shows that he can carry a huge movie with a budget this big on his back. Robert Pattinson is my possibly my favorite performance in the movie, he hits all the right levels his character needs to be at. Elizabeth Debicki is an actor that really enjoy, particularly her incredible performance in 2018’s Widows, but I just didn’t understand her character and the way her character was written. Kenneth Branagh is the other candidate for my favorite performance in the movie, that’s all I can say without spoilers, he’s just awesome in this movie. Christopher Nolan tends to make movies that I really enjoy. His last two movies, Interstellar and Dunkirk, were great movies. They both knew exactly what they wanted to do and be. Tenet is much less clear on what it is. Nolan goes for a huge movie spectacle and from that point he pulls it off, but in terms of making a great movie from every angle he doesn’t quite land this one.

NickBarnett999 liked these reviews