Room ★★★★½

Room is without a doubt one of 2015's best films. Brie Larson and Jacob Tremblay have possibly the best on screen chemistry between two actors that I have ever witnessed. Whenever a child actor is cast in a leading dramatic role it's always a risk because you just never know what you're going to get. Jacob Tremblay absolutely has it though. This young actor went toe to toe with Brie Larson who won basically every major award last year for her performance, which she undeniably earned. Also a major complaint I've seen about this film is saying that it's purely an "Oscar bait" film, but I never felt that way at all. To me the idea of films being oscar bait is tossed around too often. It's used as a reason why people shouldn't respect dramatic films like Room. I get how some performances can be oscar bait, but you can't tell me that Room felt like that at all. The scenarios, the relationships, the characters were all so genuine. There's so much heart in everything done in this film and you can just see it in every scene. So is it Oscar bait? No. It's just an incredible piece of film making that deserves all the praise that it has received.