Catch Me If You Can

Catch Me If You Can ★★★★½

Watched with my family, and literally could not have had a better time.

This is probably the most I’ve taken the time to research the true story behind a movie. Not only because the actual story is insane, but the movie portrays it in such a fresh and unique and exhilarating way. Most of the time I get bored watching “this was based on a true story” movies unless the movie itself doesn’t take that idea and make it something new. And this is a prime example of how to do a film like that right. Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hanks are… Well… Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hanks. These guys are literal legends, and this movie reminded me of why everyone including me loves them. Christopher Walken also gives a really great performance, and even though he isn’t in the film long, his presence sticks throughout the entire film. The musical score was actually really amazing. It was used perfectly in every specific scene it was used in, and it’s just very catchy and nice to listen to. And this is by far one of the best paced movies I’ve ever seen. Not only does the film never feel dull or uninteresting (and the movie is also pristinely edited), it always feels like it’s offering something inventive and interesting to the table. The actors and the witty and subversive script keep you on the edge of your seat every second. I genuinely did not feel the runtime at all. The movie flyed by like THAT. I literally loved every second of this thing, and if you haven’t checked this out, what are you doing????

Also Amy Adams is so fricken cute in this movie.

Direction: 4.5/5
Acting: 5/5
Editing: 4.5/5
Story: 5/5
Writing: 5/5
Visuals: 4.5/5
Sound: 4/5

FUN FACT: LEONARDO DICAPRIO WAS BORN THE SAME YEAR (1974) THAT FRANK ABAGNALE JR. (LEO’S CHARACTER) WAS FREED. ISN’T THAT COOL!?!?!?!

Nicolas liked these reviews