Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street ★★★½

There is literally a scene in this thing where Johnny Depp sings about how much he loves his razors. I love this movie.

To me, this is Burton at his absolute best: using every bit of his imagination to not only suck the audience into this world but to also create such weird and maniacal characters. The performances are amazing, and do I really need to say anything about Johnny? Surprisingly enough, I thought that Helena Bonham Carter was excellent, and in my opinion, should have been nominated for Best Supporting Actress (I also think Burton maybe should've gotten a Best Director nod). One of, if not, my favorite part about this film is the atmosphere it has. The production design and color palette give off a certain vibe that Burton is able to find a unique balance to, and is still able to make this feel like a musical. And speaking of music, the songs in this were, for the most part, all pretty fantastic. I don't know for sure, but I think all the songs in this film were from the Broadway musical? Comment down below if you know. Overall, I don't have much to say about something like this, because it's such a fun and amazing movie that I really think all of you should experience without any spoilers. I had a great time, and I don't know what else to add. So yeah, overall, "Sweeney Todd" is an amazing adaptation of a Broadway play that's definitely one of Burton's better films, if not his best.

#JusticeforJohnnyDepp