Once Upon a Time… in Hollywood

Once Upon a Time… in Hollywood ★★★★½

even though i was still hyped for this movie, i was going in knowing that i may not like it for numerous reasons. i'm not a fan of tarantino's style, i was skeptical about how they were gonna handle the topic, and the runtime seemed just a little too long. luckily i was proven wrong, and this wound up being one of my favorite films of the year. it was perfectly paced and the story was always engaging. the real highlight of the film for me were the performances. leonardo dicaprio was fantastic as always and delivers one of his best performances since the wolf of wall street. brad pitt played probably the most alluring character and he did it perfectly. there's this one scene at the end that made me decide right then and there that he's who i'm campaigning for best supporting actor at this year's oscars. margot robbie captivated the screen every time she appeared, though i wish we had seen more of her. the ending was absolutely perfect. the soundtrack slapped. the editing was really innovative but not over the top. i can't think of anything bad to say about it except maybe that i wanted more sharon tate. anyone who knows me knows i'm a known tarantino hater so it's taking a lot for me to give this a good review, but it was really something special.

holli liked these reviews