I heard the working title was "Christopher Nolan WWII Trauma Simulator"
Almost every five minutes I marveled at how modern this seemed. Comments on:
- waterboarding / enhanced interrogation
- terrorism via driving into crowds
- decentralized terrorist / resistance groups
- false flag operations from the french government
- sympathetic portrayal of both Algerians and French
Also according to the wikipedia page the pentagon hosted a viewing so that the US might learn from France's failures how to be colonialists.
Watched before Dunkirk and could definitely see Nolan taking notes re: sound design.