Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse ★★★★★

2018 Ranked
My 100 Favourite Movies
Ranked: Spider-Man

Okay, after re-watching this properly (I've put it on a bunch of times when feeling down and whatnot, it's fucking awesome), I can confidently say that this is indeed the best Spider-Man film there is.

I can go on about how beautiful the animation is (it's stunning), or how good the voice acting is (Nic Cage kills it) or even how simple yet perfectly executed the story is...but what I want to touch on is just how well these characters were written. It was a risky play bringing multi-verses and multiple Spider-people (and one pig) into this but it all just works. I swear to god Lord & Miller are fucking magicians.

Miles Morales is a character who has never been brought to film before yet he has such a rabid fanbase that the risk of fucking it up was incredibly high. Combining him with our first look at Spider-Gwen, as well as a Noir Spider-Man played by Nic Cage, an anime Spider-Girl from the future and a fucking pig...they literally brought in Peter Porker...and it all just works so seamlessly.

Maybe there is a couple of very minor convenient plot-points but I don't give a fuck. As far as I'm concerned, this shit is perfect.

Ayden liked these reviews