La La Land

La La Land ★★★★★

This is a sincerely fun and beautiful movie. I feel bad for anyone that can't allow themselves to get swept up in it.

Stone is outstanding, especially that Audition scene. Gosling is so much better than people are giving him credit for. What makes La La Land though, is the two of them together, neither of them could do it without the other. It's a stellar "movie star" duo.

The music is fun, but La La Land succeeds where other musicals fail, in that the scenes under the music are equally as fun and as interesting as each song. This is the best musical in a VERY long time (My Fair Lady came out in 1964 so...).

Its just has such good intention, and you can tell that there is so much joy in every part of it, and that really is valuable. I will be watching this years from now with, I imagine, the same amount of enthusiasm.
Its a blast, its wonderful to see movies with this sense of joy and "movie magic". It's great for sure, even if you have misgivings about it, I implore you to give it a chance. I don't really like musicals save for a select few but DAMN is La La Land dazzling.

Noah liked these reviews