Don't Look Up

Don't Look Up ★★★½

Was this somewhat dumb at times? Well, of course. I mean it was directed by Adam McKay. But still, I couldn't help but feel an existential dread during this viewing that I'm sure many others felt as well. Even if an Earth-ending disaster is not likely to happen in our lifetimes, its bound to happen to the near future generations if we don't get our shit together. It's always astounded me that there are people out there who will actively deny the global warming crisis like its not one of the most well-documented, proven subjects out there that will affect literally everyone at some point. And of course as a society, we're still regressing as far as fixing the problem goes.

But anyway..

I did like the movie. If anything, I'm optimistic to think it might've brought more widespread attention to rapid climate change, as well as a general political awareness for people in the U.S. I mean, I don't think talking about politics on Letterboxd is exactly necessary, especially for someone like me who doesn't have much of a platform to begin with, but the film was quite blatant with its messaging; I suppose in spirit, I should be blatant with this review.

So, did I change anything by writing this review?
Nope.

Do I at least put in the effort to care about the issues?

And sometimes that's all you can do.

Nolio liked this review