Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith ★★★★

The day before yesterday I saw "Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith". I am not a big "Star Wars" fan, but since I have seen the other movies in the series I had to see this one as well.

While "Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith" is by no means a perfect movie, I still enjoyed it very much. In my opinion—and remember, I’m not a devoted "Star Wars" fan—"Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith" is a worthy ending to the Star Wars saga, regardless of the issues I have with the movie. The special effects and some other things are, of course, on a completely different level compared to the first three movies, but the connection to those movies is still there. The moviemakers have rightly taken advantage of what can be done with today’s technology without forsaking the core that makes a "Star Wars" movie what it is.

One scene in the movie that really affected me was when Chancellor Palpatine speaks to the Senate announcing himself Emperor in the midst of applauding senators, and Padmé says, "So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." A really great scene, regardless of whether or not it is supposed to refer to real-world politics.

When "Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith" is released on DVD, I will probably watch all the movies again since there are many things I don’t remember from them. Watching "Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith" has rekindled my interest in "Star Wars", and who knows—after watching all the movies again on DVD, what I wrote earlier in this blog entry about not being a big "Star Wars" fan may no longer be true...