Yi Yi ★★★★★

“Strange.. why are we afraid of the first time?? Every day in life is a first time. Every morning is new! We never live the same day twice. We’re never afraid of getting up every morning.

Why?”

Maybe this quote means nothing without the context, but I’m still gonna leave it there. Yi Yi is the GOAT. The first time I watched it, I knew I had just witnessed something special, but not this good. And I’m not ashamed about it or anything, in fact I feel very lucky because, it’s like watching it for the first time again and I feel so privileged to have a 2nd chance at connecting with something in this way. So much of it hits too close to home.

There are no “good” or “bad” people here. Just people. Victims of their own surroundings, circumstances, and desires. A celebration of life, yet the full package or life comes with as  much smiles and laughter as it does hardships. But in the end it’s all so beautiful, because we’re here.. privileged of having the ability to feel and emote, believe, think, imagine, decide and act. Nobody can erase or start anew, our past will stay with us one way or another as long as we’re conscious, every moment of our paths stays with us, but it’s up to us to make something positive of it, and only us to defeat despair with hope.

leola liked these reviews