Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…Β½

In a nutshell:
(SUPER-Animated Double Bill)

* The voice cast is spot on. Only change I’d make is to get Maguire instead of Pine (then it’d be perfect). Everyone emotes & cares about the project, you can hear it in their dedication to the performances 🎭
* The best looking film of the year- Though at times the background looks slightly too blurry (understand it’s to pull focus, at times it just didn’t work for me). LOVED the Benday Dot Technique πŸ˜πŸŽ¨πŸ–Œ
* Directors Persichetti/Ramsey & Rothman have truly delivered. Fantastic composition & executed a masterful love letter to the Spider-Verse πŸŽ₯πŸ‘Β
* The score adds to proceedings (nothing noteworthy), while the Soundtrack is the best of the year in my opinion 🎡
* As much as the aesthetics/performances are great, the script was the real stand out for me. All its elements are brought together so superbly, while still delivering on a central & emotive character ark. It’s funny/exciting & empathic to lost souls in a genuine way. It’s the best superhero movie of the year (by a LONG shot), the best animated movie of the year, & just something people should go watch - Particularly Spidey fans! Also that nod to Community POP POP! πŸ“Β
* Pacing is great for the most part, slight trimming around the middle might help it - Just felt like style/fan service over substance for a moment (when the film is far more than that to its credit) βœ‚οΈΒ
* The action is straight out of a comic book, it’s loud, fun & a feast for the eyes. The satisfying climax sets up nicely for a hopeful sequel πŸ™ - Up there with the best Spider-Man movies (meaning Raimi’s 1&2), it’s a fresh take on the character + an impressive animation feat at that! πŸ‘

SUPER-Animated Double Bill COMPLETE! βœ… - Check out my Double Bill list over here boxd.it/2fV44

NutshellReviews liked these reviews