North by Northwest

North by Northwest ★★★★★

I've got a job, a secretary, a mother, two ex-wives and several bartenders that depend upon me, and I don't intend to disappoint them all by getting myself "slightly" killed.

Well hello there Mr. Alfred Hitchcock, it's certainly nice to meet you.

My first Hitchcock film and my, oh my, oh my, if the rest are as good then I'm going to be a big fan for sure. This film is a writer's and a story-lover's wet dream. You dream of writing something like this but you can't because it's just your dream. Well it isn't Hitchcock's I tell you! It's his achievement and this is one heck of a film.

A normal-day advertising executive is mistaken for a double agent by a group of spies. His life is on the line as he tries to uncover the mystery of who this certain George Kaplan is everyone seems to be mistaking him for. Government conspiracies and twists and turns is in store for you with this one and the climax is one of the best I have seen in film history. The setting was brilliant - George Washington, Theodore Roosevelt, Thomas Jefferson and Abraham Lincoln aside - the crisp semi-forest air and the gorgeous house were splendid scenery as well.

A true suspense thriller. You can't go wrong with this one.

Rucavanné liked these reviews