ObiWanJabronie’s review published on Letterboxd:
“Let this be the hour when we draw swords together. Fell deeds awake. Now for Wrath! Now for Ruin! And the Red Dawn!”
The 2022 installment of my annual-ish rewatch of the extended editions. I’ve seen these ten to fifteen times at this point, so I’m just gonna share some of the little moments that jumped out at me this go ‘round:
- Gandalf fighting Balrog while falling is so fucking metal and the shot of them falling into the underground lake might be my favorite in the trilogy
- Orc grog looks like it might just be Jäegermeister
- Brad Dourif is never less than awesome
- Eowyn might be fantasy’s biggest simp
- Timothy Oliphaunts!
- Aragorn throwing open the doors after his near death experience is the coolest thing anyones ever done in a movie
- Did you guys know Viggo broke his toe when he kicked that helmet?!
- “Lord of all horses” cracks me up every time
- Gimli and Legolas’ banter make me so happy