Parasite ★★★★★

➡️2019 RANKED⬅️

Ok in all honesty I don’t really know what to say right now but this was one of the greatest movies I’ve ever seen. Like oh my fucking god this was absolutely brilliant. One thing I haven’t really explored in my time watching films consistently have been foreign films. The only foreign films I’ve really see before this are Pans Labyrinth, Slumdog Millionaire and Ameile. But I’m so happy I heard about this film and decided to check it out cause this very well be one of my favourite movies of all time. Yes, this is the 3rd 2019 film to enter my Top 50 Favourite Movies list (check that out by the way🤠) and honestly I don’t even care at this point. This movie legit checks off everything I look for in a movie perfectly.

This storyline was so raw and so unique and it worked perfectly. Like the raw storytelling in this movie was some of the best I’ve ever seen. There wasn’t a single second in this film where I felt bored or I was thinking about other shit. The first half of this movie is exciting as all hell watching the Ki-Taek family finesse the shit out of the Parks was funny as shit and also really exciting. In all honesty the first hour of this movie was so much fun some of the most fun I’ve had in so long. Really great shit here. Then you reach the incident at first I thought the conflict was a little weird but then I ended up loving it and the way it was executed was fantastic. Then the last 30 mins, and oh my god the last 30 mins was the craziest roller coaster of a ride like my god I just had no words to explain. I won’t spoil anything but jesus christ. They were able to change genres in a snap of a finger and I couldn’t believe it.

Now the character development was spectacular as well. I was so invested in almost every character in this film which is honestly only happened to me in a handful of movies. (Probably 8ish). I felt so much hype, greed, sadness, laughter you fucking name it. The Ki-taek family, the Park family and even Moon-gwang were all just incredible. Like there wasn’t a singe under development main character which is what a fucking movie should be like. The character evelopment is one of the main factors I look for in a film and the fact that they nailed it to this extent is everything I could of asked for.

Now another thing I love about this movie is how all the scenes add up. Every scene in this film means something beginning to end. The care and drive put into each scene following into the plot line is awesome. You can tell that Boog Joon-ho cared about this movie with all his heart and those are the movies that mean something to me when you know the writer/director cares is so passionate about it. Lets not also forget the cinematography fucking great as well.

Overall I loved this movie so much if you couldn’t tell by this insanely long review that nobody probably read😂. Anyways please go watch this movie its fucking classic and deserves every bit of praise it can get. Near perfect.

Rating: 10/10