Elvis

Elvis ★★★★

This is Baz Luhrmann’s Speed Racer. And I mean that in all the best way possible.

Austin Butler owns the role as Elvis. Tom Hanks is basically Jared Leto in House of Gucci except more interesting to say the least. Olivia DeJonge is really good, but deserves more screen time. Luhrmann constantly pushes his visual limitations to the max with every editing, design, and soundic choice that makes Elvis and his music as alive as ever.

There’s nothing apologetic about this, and no matter how messy and overwhelming it can be at times, it’s something worth special that I can’t help but falling in love with it (sorry for that pun).

I may be in the belief that music biopics should have died with Walk Hard (because that parody is so good that it’s hard to take most them seriously). But this is one of the few post Walk Hard music biopics I will let slide. Because it’s that cool man.

I will not argue with anyone who will hate this (because I know there will be a lot of people who will hate this). But this shit is my cup of tea, and that’s okay with me.

Oh and I will like that 4 hour cut Baz. Please and thank you

One less helper liked these reviews