Chungking Express

Chungking Express ★★★★★

This is the stories about city-life individuals who are lost in his/her own self-contained world of melancholic thoughts and memories. We are the transient passerby of each other’s world, by luck or by fate, sometimes somebody would stay inside our own universe and a connection was then made, but most of the time, we don’t even know the existence of each others. This is the ubiquity of chance, and the impenetrability of distance. We as human beings are so close yet so faraway.

Added to: Wong Kar-wai, Ranked
Added to: Sight and Sound Greatest Films
Added to: My 250 Favorite Films of All Time

(P.S. due to a foreseeable increase in my workload and the amount of time required for a further study in the upcoming years, I have to either give up my tight viewing schedule or my habit of reviewing every film I have watched. At last I decided to cut down the time I would spend on writing, so no more long gibberish in Letterboxd. I will keep writing at least one sentence for every watched film, perhaps some personal reflections, or a quick comment, hopefully I could retain my frequent film-viewing habit without compromising my real life. Chungking Express maybe the best film I could think of that also parallels my current stage. Thank you so much WKW!)

Oscar liked this review