Bo Burnham: Inside

Bo Burnham: Inside β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

> 2021 Releases Ranked

🎢"Private property is inherently theft, and neoliberal fascists are destroying the left."🎢

If no one gets it, Bo Burnham does.

Inside is a maniacal mental breakdown of essentially the past 20 years of human life and interaction triggered through the prism of isolation and lack of social interaction that we all experienced in 2020 during the lockdowns.

And how one's mind completely wanders down the rabbit hole of existence, and the crazy, hypnotic, and almost psychotic things we discover about ourselves and the world around us.

It's also tremendously profound. Burnham in his songs touches on very real truths that are incredibly hard to ignore, gloss over, or even laugh at.

Of course, there is laughter to be had and quite a bit of it too in catchy songs like "White Woman's Instagram" and "Facetime With My Mom Tonight", but there's also resonance and awareness in those as well as songs like "Welcome To The Internet" and "30".

While the truth is vastly explored here, is there such a thing as too much truth? It can get a bit laborious to get through even though the payoff is absolutely worth it. Burnham has crafted something far more essential than a Netflix comedy special, he's given us a lot to think about.

A whole lot. And we should.

Phoenix liked these reviews