A Quiet Place

A Quiet Place ★★★★★

I just... seriously cannot believe John Krasinski directed that.

It takes A LOT for me to see my all time favourite tv characters as someone else outside that character. Since my favourite tv show ever is The Office U.S. (hence the username), every previous movie starring John Krasinski I’d always see him as good ol Jim Halpert. The mild mannered paper salesman. But this was just on a whole other level. Everything about this just exceeded my expectations and I am just simply in awe. I completely forgot about Jim Halpert and I was just so entranced with this whole new character (which is hard for me since Jim Halpert truly is my number 1). I’ve been waiting for this movie to come out since the day it was announced. John Krasinski and Emily Blunt are my all time favourites and finding out that they would be in a movie together with John directing it was just a dream come true. I’m not gonna lie, I was a little scared, as most couples that are in movies together nearly always end up badly and as for Krasinski’s past directorial works... well, you know. Despite all this, I was very excited on how he’d take on this project. Needless to say, I was absolutely speechless.

The acting in this was just so phenomenal, each and every one of them delivered career defining performances. I was simply amazed at how astounding Emily Blunt was, and I know from past movies that she can be amazing, but this was just unreal. According to John Krasinski, Emily Blunt did the bath tub scene in ONE TAKE. Noah Jupe and Millie Simmonds did so great, and were effortlessly talented for being so young. I am very much looking forward to seeing more films starring them in the future, which I’m sure won’t be so long away. John Krasinski was just an absolute powerhouse in this film, showing so much emotion with just looks. I’m so glad to see him diversifying his filmography and doing such an excellent job of it.

The use of sound in this was just so powerful. The minimal dialogue made it even better. I held my breath every time the atmosphere changed and didn’t dare make a sound. Everything. Was. Just. So. Good. I could say so much more about this but I am just amazed and need more time to just reflect on what I just saw. This immediately made my all time favourites list, and John Krasinski should be very very pleased with himself that he managed to make a film like this. He truly is one of my all time favourite people and seeing him achieve this highly is so good to see.

John really is the most talented man on earth. Imagine being married to Emily Blunt, played the funniest man on tv, and directing this. On top of that, he is the sweetest person ever. I can’t wait to see him take out best picture, actor and director, alongside miss Emily Blunt winning best actress. I'm going to start campaigning for A Quiet Place's Oscar(s) and you're all welcome to join me

alleanna liked these reviews