Gravity ★★★★

Probably the most impressive visuals I've ever seen in a film. everything is so crisp and clean it's unbelievable. The story of Ryan Stone and her rebirth is very good but may require another viewing for me to fully wrap my head around. In that performance though, Sandra Bullock has completely solidified herself as a good actress. Hell, if she won an oscar for the Blind Side she deserves it much more here. But the real star of the movie is the visuals and the technology, there are also so many spine-tingeling sequences in this movie it must have set a record. I can't imagine how much research Cuaron had to do to make his movie because everything looks exactly how I'd expect it to up there in space.

George Clooney plays a veteran astronaut who helps her come to gripes with her survival. I've heard some criticisms of his awkward comedy moments in this movie but, while sometimes felt forced, were welcomed from me to break up the tension. Really the only downside I found was that it sometimes became repetitive with our scenes alone with Stone. That may sound blasphemous but until her final epiphany, it was a whole lot of the same. Small problem though.

That final scene. fuck yeah.

It's unfortunate though that I have a feeling that this movie will suffer a lot in 2d. I can't imagine getting nearly as much out of it if I was to watch it on my laptop screen as opposed to 3D.

PapaRock liked this review