The Thing

The Thing ★★★★½

“The Thing” probably is one of the best examples for showing how a horror movie should be made. Everything fits together perfectly in this flick. John Carpenter manages it to create such an intense tension, which fascinated me permanently. The story is simple but coincident effective. A little group of scientists, who are doing researches in an ice desert are suddenly getting terrorized by something like an alien. This Alien has the ability to transform into the people (or animals) which it killed before. A situation which leads to the point, that nobody trusts the others anymore. Because of this, the mood is continuous strained and nerve-strangling. The awesome score of Ennio Morricone underlines this atmosphere superb. The design and the idea of the creature are very creative and although the film is over 30 years old, the effects look pretty adorable. I just love such old flicks for the reason that they don’t use any CGI, but rather everything is made handcrafted. This does have a certain charm actual movies unfortunately don’t have. Also a big highlight of this movie is Kurt Russell, who is doing the acting of his life.

So everyone who likes Horror movies truly gets their money’s worth! I had a great time with “The Thing” and would it recommend to anybody who is fan of this genre.

Peazze liked these reviews