12 Angry Men ★★★★★

12 Angry Men is one of the best films in cinema history, one of the best films I have ever seen, and this film has one of the most brilliant scripts in cinema.

12 men are analyzing a case of a son who killed his father, everyone thinks the boy is guilty, except juror 8 (Henry Fonda), who tries to convince these 12 men that the boy is innocent.

A simple and brilliant story.

The coolest thing about this film is that juror 8 (Henry Fonda) convinces one by one through arguments and facts. There is no solution that is taken out of nowhere, there is no genius that unravels everything in 5 minutes, everything in this film is worked with care. Over the 97 minutes we followed the disagreements and disagreements of these 12 men. Each with their opinion and view on the case. There is no 100% absolute truth, we have a side during the story, but the director makes sure to leave us in doubt all the time. Each opinion has its value, some are absurd, but with some sense of truth. What makes me angrier is that we will never know the verdict of the case, in the end, the film does not say whether the accused had killed his father or not. It will be a question that will stay in our heads forever. Analyzing the ending better, I realized that it is not so important to find out if the boy was the killer or not. The power of empathy, the power to put oneself in the other's place, as the human being can be arrogant, that is what the film wanted to show us. Simply brilliant!

If you really like cinema, watch 12 Angry Men. You will not regret spending 97 minutes of your life watching this movie. I guarantee that.

Pedro liked these reviews