A Star Is Born ★★★★★

I just want to take another look at you.

Bradley Cooper’s directional debut was nothing but extraordinary. He put a lot of effort into this film and I truly hope he gets rewarded for it. Not to mention his performance was also a career highlight. He transformed into an alcoholic while changing his accent and voice successfully and in my own opinion it was his best performance to date. I can already assure you he will most likely win an Oscar next year.

One thing that completely blew my minds out was Lady Gaga’s debut film performance. I watched her before on American Horror Story: Hotel and she wasn’t anything special (I actually thought she was pretty bad in it). I can’t think of a better actor to play this role. Gaga was the perfect choice. Her performance was EXCELLENT. I don’t have a better word to describe how good she was and how unexpectedly amazing her performance was. The scene where she’s talking to Sam Elliott near the end destroyed me. She will definitely get an Academy Award nomination and I can also see her winning the award.

Sam Elliott should obviously get rewarded for his performance and the soundtrack should win both Grammys and Oscars and especially the Oscar for Best Original Song for “Shallow”.

With unique directing, extremely powerful performances by both lead and supporting actors and superb cinematography/lighting I can say that A Star Is Born is my favorite film of 2018.