pen 🖊🌈✨’s review published on Letterboxd:
THIS WAS DELIGHTFUL !!
i fucking loved every minute of it. animated movies like this are what give me LIFE when done correctly, and this is exceptional. and what a knockout cast! all the characters were so wonderfully likeable. the character design and overall animation style was splendid, it looks like lord and miller have a thing for these innovative new 3D/2D mashup techniques! also those colors? GORGEOUS seriously just one of the prettiest animated movies ive ever seen
the cloudy with a chance of meatballs vibes were STRONG with this one, but i mean that in the best way possible. crossing my fingers that we get more animated movies tonally and stylistically similar to this one but with new creative premises!
miscellaneous stuff i scribbled into my notes whilst watching this:
- i literally love katie. she has it all: film nerd, artist, gay
- PORTRAIT OF AN IDIOT ON FIRE
- le tigre in the soundtrack. whoever made that decision deserves a raise
- THE DAD WAS VOICED BY DWAYNE FROM 30 MINUTES OR LESS?
- shoutout to Doug the Pug who has his own letterboxd profile
- himbo robots. Himbots