Inside Llewyn Davis ★★★★★

Oscar Isaac + Coen Brothers = Greatness.

Inside Llewyn Davis is a fantastic drama written and performed to perfection! The movie is great in every way and a must see!

Inside Llewyn Davis is set in winter in 1961 and follows folk singer Llewyn Davis (Oscar Isaac) as he embarks on a journey to make it as a solo artist. With no money, no place to stay, and hitching from ride to ride, he must get to Chicago and try his luck.

Going into this, I had no idea what to expect, but after watching it, I loved what I saw. First and foremost, what a performance by Oscar Isaac! This has to be the best I've seen from him. Llyewn Davis is a real prick and Isaac perfected it! He's down on his luck, he doesn't have the best life, he's mourning a loss, and Isaac nailed every single trait amazingly. Everyone else in the movie was great but Isaac really outshines them all.

The writing by the Coen Brothers is fantastic. They did a great job at setting up this character. Not just the character but what he goes through in the movie is written well. The comedy hits, the drama hits, and its all really well done. Along with the writing, they also directed this movie astonishingly. The editing and pacing go very well hand to hand. The cinematography by Bruno Delbonnel is awesome, I loved all the shots.

The music by T Bone Burnett is magnificent! These are some really nice and catchy songs that are performed. Speaking of which, I don't know if they were actually performed by Isaac, but if they were, that man's voice is angelic. Production design is great, they did a good job at capturing the look and feel of the 1960s. Also, the colors are extraordinary bringing a gritty look to snowy New York and Chicago.

No flaws I can think of. In my opinion, flawless as it can be. Everything wowed me. I loved it.

Overall, a great watch. Written, directed, performed incredibly. Definitely would recommend watching. Inside Llewyn Davis is phenomenal 5/5.

speedy ☃️ liked these reviews